Buck Total Hydrocarbon Analyzer
The Model HC-404 is a self contained, fixed wavelength infrared analyzer designed for rapid accurate analysis of total petroleum hydrocarbons in water, soil and sludge samples.
Perfect for ASTM methods D 7066-04, 418.1 & 413.2
- Fixed wavelength 2930 cm-1 (3.42µ) allows for quick analysis without unnecessary scanning.
- Digital readout in %T and absorbance, or in concentration mode for direct ppm readings.
- Accommodates 10, 50, or 100 mm quartz cells for analysis to 1ppm or lower detection levels.
- Built-in scale expansion and extended linear range for high concentration, using a simple 3-step calibration.
- Peltier cooled PbSe detector provides greater than 2500 to 1 signal to noise ratio, resulting in the very best detection levels and excellent instrument stability.
- Small foot print requires minimal lab space.
- Hot quartz halogen source for the highest output possible.
- Instrument simplicity. Intuitive controls allow for immediate operation.
- Analyzing water on offshore oil rigs
- On-site oil in water analysis
- Monitoring of oil & water separation systems
- TPH in soil at clean up sites or around underground oil tanks
- Measurement of oil residue in solvent from metal parts cleaning
- Testing hydrocarbon levels in recycled solvents
Brochure & Manual:
Other useful HC-404 downloads
- HC-404 - Detection Limits for Water analysis.doc
- HC-404 Miniguide - Standardized TPH procedure for oil in water.doc
- HC-404-Calibration procedure.doc
EPA Methods & Application Notes